Nevada Historical Society
775-688-1190 ext. 223
Primary research materials such as manuscripts and archival records are essential resources for students, researchers, writers, and historians.
Manuscript materials in the Society's collection include correspondence, diaries, financial records, reports, membership rosters, bylaws, minutes, subject files, and legal papers that document an individual's life or career; environmental, cultural, social, and fraternal organizations; and businesses.
Subjects represented in the collection include agriculture, water and land use, education, ethnicity and race, gaming, Native Americans, city records, lumbering, and mining.
Items are actively sought from individuals, businesses, and other groups that have an interest in having their historically significant materials preserved for posterity and made available for research and scholarly use.
Some of our major collections
- Russell McDonald - Biographical Files
- Works Progress Administration, NV
- U.S. Senator William M. Stewart
- Manhattan Silver Mining Co.
- U.S. Senator Patrick A. McCarran
- Nevada Women's History Project
- U.S. Senator Key Pittman
- Harold's Club
- George Wingfield
- AFL-CIO, Nevada
- Virginia & Gold Hill Water Co.
- Women's Christian Temperance Union, NV
- Malone Engineers Records and Drawings
- Knights of Pythias, NV
- Truckeee-Carson Irrigation District (TCID)
- Gold Hill Miner's Union
- Nevada Nurses Association
- the Episcopal Church in Nevada
- Nevada Federation of Womens Clubs
- the Inter-Tribal Council in Nevada
If you would like to find out what collections the Society has available, please try the beta ArchiveGrid system from OCLC Research.
Assay report from October 1887.
Check out our Manuscript List
Manuscript Numbered Collections Master List